Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day...

It did feel like Groundhog Day, as we had another snow day...I'm getting spoiled, however I did spend today working on AWC and am almost done!

However, when the METAR looks like this:

KMGY 021606Z AUTO 25016G31KT 3SM -SN SCT021 OVC028 M04/M08 A2993

For the layman out there, that was the 11:06am weather at Dayton Wright Brothers. The wind was blowing from 250 deg at 16 kts, gusting to 31 kts, visibility was 3 miles with light snow. Clouds were at 2100 and 2800 ft. Temp was -4C. BRRRRRR!

There's no way I was going outdoors to run or do anything else. I hadn't set my bike up on the stand since the last time we were stationed Dayton, so, I dug it out of the garage and my office/library/spare bedroom has yet another alter-ego as exercise room...

One thing about not having to work and horrible weather, I had time to look for photo opportunities. In addition to chasing starlings from my feeder, I got a good laugh at this dove that was being blown around by the wind...



 Peppy's alter ego, the shark...



No comments:

Post a Comment