Friday, February 18, 2011

Day off!

I took today off of work...it was in the mid-60's, there was no way I was going to work today!
Anyhow, the golf course is still closed due to frozen/saturated ground, so I took my bike out and rode about 17 miles north to Glen Helen Nature Preserve.  They have a Raptor Center, so I took a look around.

This female Peregrine Falcon was out with the handler for some sunshine.  I was surprised to hear that there are a pair in all the major cities of OH...



From my walk along the gorge, I don't know what type of flower it was.


The maple syrup buckets were out already!




After getting back to my car, I went to Sugarcreek Metropark.  20 steps off the main trail I found some green growing...


Finally, as I was driving home, I spotted a hawk eating on a large roll of hay.  I pulled the car over and started walking towards him.  I was almost in range when he flew off...being chased by another hawk!  I barely got this shot off before the both flew out of my range.


No comments:

Post a Comment