Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas


Sorry, lots of photos...spent the afternoon at the Bear River Bird Refuge.  I think I saw one other car on the entire 36 mile loop.

Does Parking ON the sign count?


It's nice when the light cooperates...

Now to get a bigger lens so I can get better detail (ok, only joking...)

More Herons...what are they still doing here.  I think I saw about a dozen of them.






I think this Tundra Swan is hurt...It looks like his wing or leg had problems when he got into the water.
But I did see another later, so maybe there are a few strays left

I had a blast watching these coots with this fish.  He kept dropping it, retrieving it, then fighting off the others.  Finally, he went to the ice to eat it.



My only problem with the series is that the black is hard to work with.  I wish I could see more details in their heads.

A Harrier going in for the kill...not sure if he got one of the blackbirds or not.


The shadows made it hard to get details of his face, but this is some of the first shots I've been able to get with them in flight, especially in the dive.

I think this is a a Yellow Headed Blackbird, except he was more orange than yellow and his top of the head is darker, so maybe a 'old' juvenile?

Some landscapes...





No comments:

Post a Comment