Sunday, December 11, 2011

11 Dec (another photo heavy day)

I like the weekends...I can do nothing but take pictures. I went to Antelope Island and took a trail I hadn't before.  I was getting worried about photos, as there was an ugly hazy that obscured the landscape and nary a bird in site...

So in the shadows of the mtns, these cool ice crystals were growing


Haze let up enough for this shot...


I heard some noise as I was leaving the mts that sounded like Coyotes...I saw one way off, then as I got back closer to the car this guy was nearby


I'm pretty sure he's a rough legged...the harriers kept flying off


I didn't realize the the Salt Lake could freeze, but close to shore there were ice floats and some snow still sitting on it. (or is it salt???)


I've seen more Kestrels in the last 4 months than my entire life... He let me get pretty close before flying off

No comments:

Post a Comment