Saturday, April 16, 2011

Catch up time

It's been busy this week.  I don't think we've been to bed before 11 more than once.  Mark got 'stuck' in Dc on Tues (so much for an out & back).  And late Friday, we got told that he was being 'summoned' to DC, therefore cancelling our planned trip for Monday...

13 April:  New babies
I had an orchid club meeting tonite.  The speaker was discussing wild orchids in OH.  It's neat that one can find orchid sin bloom here from late April through Oct!  Wow... I need to go looking.  He had some baby orchid plants for sale.  I need to plant these this summer, but they are Cypripediums and if I'm lucky, maybe they'll bloom in the next two years...  I'm scared that I'll kill them (there are quite a few in the jar), but it's kinda neat to see the plant in the early stages of life.




14 April:  Hostas
My hostas are coming up!  Spring must be in the air...



15 April:  Self Portrait
This was a bit rushed, as we were both running late getting ready for dinner and the opera.   I wish I had been smiling ;-(


16 April:
We somehow got a round of golf in despite the 1.5 inches of rain that fell before dawn...We then proceed to get stuck indoors the rest of the day (and I tried to catch up on sleep).  That put the picture off till the last moment...I got Peppy to stand still for long enough to get a close up of her claw...this was not taken with the zoom, but my macro.  She's a patient bird, with a big camera in her face and flashes going off.  I tried to get one of her eye, but except for some feathering right below the eye, the rest is out of focus.  Macro work is touchy...

No comments:

Post a Comment