Sunday, August 14, 2011

Catching up (30 Jul - 14 Aug)

Yes, really behind....

Well, as of today, 14 Aug, Mark is in Iraq and I am in UT.

30 Jul:  Using up the last of the banana and pumpkin puree left in the freezer.  Not a bad banana-pumpkin-pecan bread.  Maybe I can be a baker afterall...



31 Jul:  our last round on NCR South with Brian and Miki...

1 Aug:  Playing with the off camera flash:



2 Aug:  Mark and Peppy 'bonding':



3 Aug:  Empty house....


4 Aug:  Mark didn't know he was going to get 'roasted' at his going away



5 Aug:  nothing more to say...bunny ears on the bunny...


6 Aug:  Saying goodbye at airport...


7 Aug:  Peppy relaxing in Council Bluffs, IA


8 Aug:  Sidney, NE.  Not much there, but boy were the steaks good at Dude's...


This grasshopper didn't seem happy that I was so close, but it's too bad I didn't have the macro with me (somewhere in the car under lots of stuff...)


9 Aug:  Green River, WY...wish we could have spent the night here, but no hotels to be found...


10 Aug:  just inside the UT border, I think this was called the 'Devil's Slide', it was a cool rock formation


11 Aug:  Knitting

12 Aug:  Rita and I went to Antelope Island, located about 7 miles into the Great Salt Lake.  We saw bison and antelope and some really neat views.  This will be a great place to do some photos over the course of the year, especially given the bird migrations through the region.


Rita and I...

13 Aug:  I was hoping to get a photo of the full moon over the mountains, but there were too many clouds, so I got a cool sunset instead.  Yes, the sky was that orange.


14 Aug:  little acorn in my oak tree...


No comments:

Post a Comment